Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Samambaia - Week 18 - and Transfer!

I hope that e-mailing you one day late didn't scare you guys too much. And gosh, I'm so sorry that I'm a terrible person and didn't even wish my Dad a happy birthday...I am so bad at remembering dates on P-Days... :/ And I'm trying to e-mail everyone, but there's NOT ENOUGH TIME!!! :) It's so hard.

So a miracle...alright here we go. So last Thursday I went to bed feeling really sick in the stomach, because we had eaten a lot that day. And I probably ate something that my stomach didn't agree with, idk. Anyways. I went to bed with a lot of stomach pain, and couldn't go to sleep. So eventually at 1 in the morning, I decided to get up and go to the bathroom to see if it helped. And it didn't really, so I knew that it (whatever IT was) would have to come out the other way. Except I wasn't really sure how to make myself puke. So I decided to say a prayer. James 1:5 right? And so I said something that was basically like this: "Dear God, please help me throw up. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen." :D And what would you know, no sooner had I said amen than I felt that horrible awful urge! So that was a miraclezinho [little miracle]. Anyways, by the time that was all out and over with and I had cleaned me and the bathroom, I got to bed at like 2:30, feeling a bit better. But I woke up the next morning, sat up, and then ran straight to the bathroom again. And I woke up with achy joints and spine stuff going on. So everyone thought that I had dengue. Including me. And everytime that I moved, I felt like puking, so they let me just stay in bed. Luckily, a young man was able to leave with Elder Hesselgesser to go do some baptismal interviews and such. Another miracle. So Friday was a sick day. And then Saturday I was feeling pretty much better, so I went back to work. No rest for the denguefied! :) But I don't think it was dengue really, or it wouldn't have passed so quick. Or it was dengue, and God's awesome :) So that was my miracle this week.

The swanky bus ride. It had better be, for 50 reais. Good grief.

And in other big news, TRANSFER! I know I didn't tell you last week that there was going to be one, so idk if this is a surprise. But yeah! Our whole entire house got moved! Elder Medrano and Elder Evans went to Iguape, the very south end, Elder Hesselgesser went to the office to be the Executive Secretary, and I got moved to Travessão!!! In Caraguatatuba! You guys should record a video of you guys trying to pronounce that name, and send it to me. I would love it :) Anyways, it's way up in the north. I left Samambaia like 1, got to Santos at 2, then I waited by myself in the rodoviário [bus station] for 5 hours because that was the next bus that left for Caraguatatuba. I bought lunch, a pretty good churrasco sanduíche, and a chocolate banana smoothie. Also some ice cream, because it was hot :) Then at 7, I got on the bus, and we were off! Well, not we. Just me. And a very long bus ride (although shorter than normally, apparently) and at 11:30 pm the bus driver woke me up to tell me that we were there where I was supposed to get off! So it was kinda late. But I got there just fine, my suitcases held up well. And now I'm here! It's SUPER beautiful. Makes every single other area I've been in look like an absolute favelão [big slum]. It's way cool. I'm excited :) My companion is Elder Silvestre, from Recife. He seems pretty chill! So it'll be super good. I haven't really done anything here yet, but the first lunch was very tasty. But yeah, that has pretty much been my week. Thanks for everything! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment