We really enjoyed our last skype session with Michael!
Here are some highlights:
- Michael teased Jacob for always wearing the same BYU shirt in all of his photos and videos (What can he say, it's his favorite shirt - thanks Hopkins family!)
- He told us the story of witnessing an armed carjacking a few blocks from the church at 12:30 in the afternoon. The victim used Michael's phone to call his family. Crazy!
- He talked about the baptism of Magda's mom, how they finally figured out how to keep water from leaking out of the font, and how she chose him to baptize her.
- He said their clothes get really moldy from all the humidity and no air conditioning - he was soaking his white shirts in vinegar, but then forgot about them for a couple of days. :)
- He wants to bring us a mold so we can make coxinha here at home.
- He and Jacob decided to be weight-lifting buddies when they're back together.
- He was eating a peanut butter cookie he made from a mix that I mailed three months ago.
- It was so great talking and laughing together, like old times. The hour went by too fast.
- At the end he said, "See you at the airport!"
|peanut butter cookies|